Generic Name and Formulations:
C1 esterase inhibitor (human) 2000 IU, 3000 IU; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for HAEGARDA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent hereditary angioedema (HAE) attacks in adolescent and adult patients.
Adults and Children:
Rotate inj sites. Give by SC inj (eg, abdominal area, other SC sites). 60 IU/kg twice weekly (every 3 or 4 days).
Discontinue and treat if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Have epinephrine inj available. Risk of thromboembolism events. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Inj site reaction, hypersensitivity, nasopharyngitis, dizziness.
To report infections that may have been transmitted by Haegarda, call (866) 915-6958.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad