Generic Name and Formulations:
Gabapentin 300mg, 600mg; tabs.
Indications for GRALISE:
Swallow whole; do not crush, split or chew tabs. Take once daily with the evening meal. ≥18yrs: initially 300mg on Day 1, 600mg on Day 2, 900mg on Days 3–6, 1200mg on Days 7–10, 1500mg on Days 11–14, titrate up to 1800mg on Day 15. Renal impairment: CrCl 30–60mL/min: 600–1800mg. CrCl <30mL/min or on hemodialysis: not recommended.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not interchangeable with other gabapentin products. Epilepsy. Increased risk of suicidal thoughts/behavior. Monitor for worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts/behavior, and unusual changes in mood/behavior. Multiorgan hypersensitivity. Renal impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation; if discontinuing, withdraw gradually over 1 week or longer. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May affect or be affected by hydrocodone. Potentiated by morphine. Separate dosing of aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids by at least 2 hours. May cause false (+) results with urine protein tests (eg, Multistix SG).
Dizziness, somnolence, headache, lethargy, peripheral edema, diarrhea, dry mouth, pain in extremity.
Tabs 300mg—30; 600mg—90; 30-Day Starter pack—78 (9 x 300mg + 69 x 600mg)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling