Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth