Generic Name and Formulations:
Angiotensin II 2.5mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for GIAPREZA:
To increase blood pressure in septic or other distributive shock.
Give by IV infusion. Initially 20ng/kg/min. May titrate every 5mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min as needed based on BP response; max 80ng/kg/min during first 3hrs of treatment. Maintenance dose: max 40ng/kg/min. Doses as low as 1.25ng/kg/min may be used. Once sufficiently improved, down-titrate every 5–15mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min based on BP.
Risk of thrombosis. Use concurrent VTE prophylaxis. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant ACE inhibitors may increase response. Concomitant ARBs may decrease response.
Thromboembolic events (eg, deep vein thrombosis), thrombocytopenia, tachycardia, fungal infection, delirium, acidosis, hyperglycemia, peripheral ischemia.
Single-dose vial (1mL, 2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Higher Incidence of Mania in Adults With Intellectual Disabilities vs General Population
- Youth With Gender Nonconformity Vulnerable to Adversity
- Negative Affect That Lingers Tied to Health 10 Years Later