Dexmedetomidine reduced postoperative delirium by 14% in elderly patients following cardiac surgery.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
The extent or severity of physical ailments and functional impairment needs to be carefully examined in order to successfully prevent suicide in late life.
Dementia risk was particularly elevated in patients with depression who had higher scores on cognitive tests at baseline.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
The intake of dietary fiber among people living in the United States remains low, according to the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Modifiable risk factors (eg, smoking, hypertension, sedentary behavior, overweight/obesity, and social engagement) contribute to nearly half of documented dementia cases.
In older adults, driving cessation can be linked to a variety of health problems, including depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- "MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders "
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Depressive Symptoms Predict Future Pain, Disability in Adolescent JIA
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D