Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 0.84%; per 2mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
Indications for GELSYN-3:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. >21yrs: 2mL in one knee only once weekly for 3 weeks.
≤21yrs: not established.
Knee joint infections. Skin diseases or infections in area of the inj site.
Do not inject by intravascular route. Severe intra-articular effusion. Lymphatic or venous stasis in leg. Advise patients to avoid strenuous or prolonged weight-bearing activities for approx. 48hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence. Concomitant other intra-articular inj: not studied.
Inj site pain, arthralgia, joint effusion/warmth/stiffness/swelling, arthritis, gait disturbance, arthropathy.
Single-use pre-filled syringe—1 (w. needle)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders