Most Recent Articles by Gary Rothbard
Baseline depressive symptoms were associated with pain and disability in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
The presence of sleep disorders in children with chronic pain may result in greater pain levels and pain interference, a relationship that may in part be mediated by anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Patients with conversion disorder had higher frequencies of significant stressors than did control patients.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Clinician awareness of this issue is essential in order to continue providing effective treatment while attempting to reduce abuse of these prescription drugs.
More Articles by Gary Rothbard
Clinical Efficacy of Metacognitive vs Conventional Social Skills Training in Schizophrenia Spectrum DisordersFeb 07,2018
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sertraline Effective for Treating Depression in Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- First Nonopioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Antidepressant Use May Be Linked With Sustained Risk for Weight Gain
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes in Adolescents, Young Adults With ADHD
- Worse Cognitive Outcomes Associated With CMV Antibodies Following ART for HIV