Most Recent Articles by Gary Rothbard
Baseline depressive symptoms were associated with pain and disability in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
The presence of sleep disorders in children with chronic pain may result in greater pain levels and pain interference, a relationship that may in part be mediated by anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Patients with conversion disorder had higher frequencies of significant stressors than did control patients.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Clinician awareness of this issue is essential in order to continue providing effective treatment while attempting to reduce abuse of these prescription drugs.
More Articles by Gary Rothbard
Clinical Efficacy of Metacognitive vs Conventional Social Skills Training in Schizophrenia Spectrum DisordersFeb 07,2018
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Classification Models for Diagnosing Schizophrenia With MRI Neuroimaging
- Sodium Valproate May Lower Amygdala Volume in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Putting Patients in the Physician's Seat: Smartphone Technology Is Changing the Healthcare Landscape
- Unhealthy Food Behaviors May Signal Eating Disorder in Teens
- As Immigration Policies Tighten, Physician Shortage Concerns Grow