FLUARIX QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; may contain trace amounts of hydrocortisone, gentamicin, others; preservative-free.
Indications for FLUARIX QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the anterolateral thigh (6–11mos) or the deltoid (≥12mos). 6mos–8yrs (previously unvaccinated): 2 doses, give at least 4 weeks apart; (vaccinated in a previous season): 1 or 2 doses (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation); if 2 doses, give at least 4 weeks apart. ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Risk of sycope with injectable vaccines. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may result in suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, redness, swelling, pain), muscle aches, fatigue, headache, arthralgias, GI symptoms, shivering, fever; children: irritability, loss of appetite, drowsiness.
Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling