FLOXIN OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ofloxacin 0.3%; otic soln.
Indications for FLOXIN OTIC:
Otitis externa in adults and children. Chronic suppurative otitis media in adults with perforated tympanic membrane. Acute otitis media in children with tympanostomy tubes.
Adults and Children:
<6months: not recommended. Otitis externa: 6months–13yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. ≥13yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. Both: treat for 7 days. Acute otitis media: 1–12yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 10 days. Chronic suppurative otitis media: ≥12yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, taste perversion, local reactions, dizziness, earache, headache, vertigo, superinfection, paresthesia, rash.
Soln—5mL, 10mL (dropper bottles); Singles 0.25mL (5 drops/container)—20
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders