FLONASE ALLERGY RELIEF
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg; per nasal spray.
Indications for FLONASE ALLERGY RELIEF:
Relieves symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
Initially 2 sprays in each nostril once daily for Week 1, then 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily as needed for Week 2 through 6 months. Reevaluate after 6 months.
<4yrs: not recommended. Use for the shortest duration necessary to achieve response. ≥4yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Reevaluate after 2 months.
Not for treating asthma. Injury or surgery to nose that is not fully healed: not recommended. Discontinue if exposed to chicken pox, measles, or tuberculosis. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Discontinue if whistling sound from nose, visual disturbances, severe or frequent nosebleeds occur. Discontinue if no improvement within 7 days after starting or if new symptoms (eg, facial pain, nasal discharge) develop. Avoid eyes or mouth. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant ritonavir, ketoconazole, other steroids.
Stinging, sneezing, headaches, dry/irritated nose or throat, nosebleeds, whistling sound, blurred or reduced vision, reduced growth rate in children, allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Spray—9.9mL (60 sprays), 15.8mL (120 sprays); Children's—2 × 9.9mL (2 × 60 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases