Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenofibric acid 35mg, 105mg; tabs.
URL Pharma, Inc.
Indications for FIBRICOR:
Adjunct to diet in severe hypertriglyceridemia (≥500mg/dL), and to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG, and to increase HDL-C, in primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia. Limitations of use: was not shown to reduce coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Hypertriglyceridemia: 35–105mg/day, adjust at 4–8 week intervals. Hypercholesterolemia, dyslipidemia: 105mg/day. Renal impairment: initially 35mg/day. Discontinue if inadequate response after 2 months on max dose.
Severe renal dysfunction (including dialysis). Active liver disease. Primary biliary cirrhosis. Unexplained persistent liver function abnormalities. Gallbladder disease. Nursing mothers.
Renal impairment: monitor. Monitor CBCs for first year; monitor liver function; discontinue if ALT levels >3xULN persist. Discontinue if markedly elevated CPK levels, myopathy, gallstones, or paradoxical decreases in HDL occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). Allow at least 1 hour before or 4–6 hours after bile acid sequestrants. Caution with colchicine, immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), other nephrotoxic drugs.
Abnormal liver tests, increased AST, increased ALT, increased CPK, rhinitis; myopathy, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, hematological changes, hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 100, 250, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling