Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron 106mg (as fumarate); scored tabs; phosphorus- and gluten-free.
Indications for FERRETTS:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.
1 tablet daily.
Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption.
GI upset, abdominal discomfort, constipation, masks occult bleeding, black stools.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad