FERRALET 90 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as carbonyl) 90mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 120mg, docusate sodium 50mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for FERRALET 90:
Iron deficiency anemia.
Swallow whole. Take 2hrs after meals. 1 tab once daily.
Hemolytic anemia. Hemochromatosis. Hemosiderosis.
May mask pernicious anemia. Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline, fluoroquinolone absorption. Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids inhibit iron absorption.
GI upset or irritation, constipation, dark stools, allergic sensitization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling