FERRALET 90 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as carbonyl) 90mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 120mg, docusate sodium 50mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for FERRALET 90:
Iron deficiency anemia.
Swallow whole. Take 2hrs after meals. 1 tab once daily.
Hemolytic anemia. Hemochromatosis. Hemosiderosis.
May mask pernicious anemia. Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline, fluoroquinolone absorption. Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids inhibit iron absorption.
GI upset or irritation, constipation, dark stools, allergic sensitization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality