Generic Name and Formulations:
Cervical cap; 22mm, 26mm, 30mm; made of silicone.
Indications for FEMCAP:
Use with spermicide.
History of toxic shock syndrome. Known or suspected uterine or cervical malignancy. Vaginal or cervical infections. Do not use during postpartum or postabortal periods or during menses.
Anatomical changes (eg, flat cervix). Do thorough gynecologic exam before placement and every 12 months thereafter. Leave in place for at least 6 hrs after intercourse; avoid continuous use for more than 48 hrs.
Kit (2 FemCaps + video)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer's
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations