Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 81mg; orally-disintegrating tabs; citrus burst flavor.
Nobel Laboratories, LLC
Indications for FASPRIN:
To reduce the risk of stroke and MI.
Dissolve on tongue. 1 tab daily. Emergency treatment: 2 tabs at first sign of MI or stroke.
NSAID allergy. Viral infection in children and teenagers.
History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Bleeding disorders. Diabetes. Gout. Arthritis. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid, highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics, uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis