Generic Name and Formulations:
Agalsidase beta 5mg, 35mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for FABRAZYME:
Adults and Children:
<8yrs: not established. Pretreat with antipyretic and antihistamine. Give by IV infusion. ≥8yrs: 1mg/kg every 2 weeks. Initially infuse at a rate of ≤0.25mg/min; if tolerated, may increase by increments of 0.05–0.08mg/min with each subsequent infusion. <30kg: max rate 0.25mg/min. ≥30kg: minimum duration is 1.5hrs. Slow rate if infusion reactions occur. Rechallenge: initially give a low dose and infusion rate (eg, 0.5mg/kg at 0.01mg/min); once tolerated, may increase dose to 1mg/kg, titrate rate slowly upwards (doubled every 30mins up to max 0.25mg/min); see full labeling.
Have appropriate medical support measures readily available; discontinue if anaphylaxis or severe allergic reactions occur. Compromised cardiac function; monitor closely. Consider testing for IgE antibodies in patients who experienced suspected allergic reactions; if positive, may be rechallenged. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human alpha-galactosidase A enzyme.
Upper RTI, chills, pyrexia, headache, cough, paresthesia, fatigue, peripheral edema, dizziness, rash; infusion reactions (discontinue if severe), anaphylaxis, allergic reactions.
Register pregnant patients at www.fabryregistry.com or call (800) 745-4447.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth