EXONDYS 51 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Eteplirsen 50mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for EXONDYS 51:
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients with a confirmed DMD gene mutation that is amenable to exon 51 skipping.
Adults and Children:
May apply topical anesthetic cream to IV site prior to administration. Give by IV infusion over 35–60mins. 30mg/kg once weekly.
Treat appropriately and consider slowing the infusion or interrupting therapy if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Do not mix or infuse with other medications concomitantly via same IV access line.
Balance disorder, vomiting, contact dermatitis; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Tolerability of Novel Long-Acting Injectable Aripiprazole Tested for Bipolar Disorder
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- Link Between Vitamin D Levels and Intracranial Volume in Schizophrenia
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad