Generic Name and Formulations:
Formulated bovine type I collagen (2.6%); topical gel.
Indications for EXCELLAGEN:
Management of wounds including: partial and full- thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, tunneled/undermined wounds, surgical wounds (donor sites/graft, post-Moh’s surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence), trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, second-degree burns and skin tears) and draining wounds.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Perform debridement or excision prior to application. Apply a thin layer directly to the entire wound surface and edges. May be occluded with non-adherent, gauze and foam dressings; change dressings and reevaluate weekly. If healing is incomplete, gel may be reapplied; max once weekly.
Control excessive exudate, excessive bleeding, acute swelling, and/or infection before starting treatment. Discontinue or remove if infections, chronic inflammation, allergic reaction, excessive redness, pain, swelling occur. Do not freeze or reuse syringes. Avoid exposure to high temperature.
Wound care device.
Local reactions (eg, infections, inflammation, swelling).
Kit—1 (4 pre-filled, single-use [0.5mL] syringes w. applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders