Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
Apply 1cm ribbon of ointment to infected area up to 6 times daily. Prophylaxis of neonatal gonoccocal or chlamydial conjunctivitis: instill 1cm ribbon of ointment into each lower conjunctival sac.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, redness; hypersensivity reactions, superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation