Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin (as base) 250mg, 333mg, 500mg; e-c tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for ERY-TAB:
Susceptible infections including upper and lower respiratory, skin and soft tissue, genitourinary, Legionnaires' disease, pertussis, listeriosis.
250mg every 6 hours, 500mg every 12 hours, or 333mg every 8 hours; max 4g/day; twice daily dosing max 1g/day. Legionnaires: 1–4g/day in divided doses.
30–50mg/kg/day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg/day.
Concomitant cisapride, pimozide.
Hepatic dysfunction. Myasthenia gravis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, carbamazepine, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, hexobarbital, phenytoin, alfentanil, disopyramide, bromocriptine, valproate). May potentiate warfarin, triazolam, midazolam, methylprednisolone, digoxin, theophylline, ergotamine. Avoid use with statins (rhabdomyolysis).
GI upset, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatic dysfunction, rash, superinfection; pseudomembranous colitis, (rare).
250mg—30, 40, 100, 500; 333mg—30, 100, 500; 500mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth