Generic Name and Formulations:
Vismodegib 150mg; caps.
Indications for ERIVEDGE:
Treatment of adults with metastatic basal cell carcinoma, or locally advanced basal cell carcinoma that has recurred following surgery or who are not candidates for surgery, and who are not candidates for radiation.
Swallow whole. 150mg once daily, until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Risk of embryo-fetal death and severe birth defects in pregnant women. Verify pregnancy status within 7 days prior to initiation of therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 24 months after final dose; male patients should use condoms (even after a vasectomy) during and for 3 months after final dose. Advise patients not to donate blood or blood products during therapy and for 24 months after final dose. Advise male patients not to donate semen during and for 3 months after final dose. Premature fusion of the epiphyses may occur in pediatrics if exposed. Pregnancy: avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 24 months after final dose).
Hedgehog pathway inhibitor.
Muscle spasms, alopecia, dysgeusia, weight loss, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, decreased appetite, constipation, arthralgias, ageusia; amenorrhea.
Report immediately exposure to Erivedge during pregnancy by contacting the Genentech Adverse Event Line at (888) 835-2555.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad