Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, MultiSal Neolipids*, glyceryl stearate, squalane, glycerin, PEG-100 stearate, hydroxypropyl bispalmitamide MEA (ceramide), petrolatum, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, cholesterol, conjugated linoleic acid, citric acid, palmitic acid, xanthan gum, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, sorbic acid, capric acid; controlled-release skin barrier emulsion; steroid-, fragrance-free. *Proprietary microencapsulation system for gradual delivery of key ingredients including ceramide, conjugated linoleic acid,cholesterol and palmitic acid (formulated with E.Cerifera [Candelilla] wax, corn syrup solids and modified food starch).
Indications for EPICERAM:
To treat dry skin conditions and to manage and relieve burning and itching associated with various types of dermatoses, including atopic dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, and radiation dermatitis.
Adults and Children:
Apply thin layer to affected areas 2 times per day (or as needed). Massage gently into skin. If skin is broken, cover with dressing. Apply following radiation therapy.
Reevaluate if no improvement within 10–14 days. Use in conjunction with sunscreen in sun exposed areas.
Do not apply within 4hrs prior to radiation therapy.
Tingling sensation at application site.
Emulsion—90g (tube); 100g, 225g (airless pump); 400g (Quad Pack: 4×100g airless pumps)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation