Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoxetate disodium 181.43mg/mL (0.25mol/L); soln for IV inj.
Indications for EOVIST:
For IV use in T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the liver to detect and characterize lesions in adults with known or suspected focal liver disease.
Give as IV bolus inj at a rate of 2mL/sec; flush with saline after inj. 0.1mL/kg (0.025mmol/kg). See full labeling re: imaging guidelines.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Severe renal or hepatic failure. Elevated bilirubin (>3mg/dL) or ferritin may reduce hepatic contrast effect; perform MRI no later than 60 mins following administration. History of asthma/allergic disorders. Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Serum iron using complexometric methods may result in falsely high or low values for up to 24hrs.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, parosmia, increased blood pressure, flushing, respiratory disorders, vomiting, nausea, rash, pruritus, inj site reactions, feeling hot.
Single-dose vials (10mL, 15mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition