Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoxetate disodium 181.43mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for EOVIST:
For use in MRI of the liver to detect and characterize lesions in patients with known or suspected focal liver disease.
Adults and Children:
Premature infants: not established. Give as IV bolus inj at a rate of ~2mL/sec. 0.1mL/kg (0.025mmol/kg); flush IV cannula with normal saline after inj. See full labeling re: imaging guidelines.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury; avoid use. Screen for renal dysfunction. Do not exceed recommended dose and allow sufficient time for drug elimination before re-administration. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and after administration. Increased risk of gadolinium retention with multiple lifetime doses, in pregnant patients, children, and those with inflammatory conditions; minimize repetitive imaging studies. Elevated bilirubin (>3mg/dL) or ferritin may reduce hepatic contrast effect; perform MRI no later than 60mins following administration. Avoid extravasation. Severe renal or hepatic failure. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider interrupting nursing and pumping/discarding breast milk for up to 10hrs after inj.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Serum iron using complexometric methods may result in falsely high or low values for up to 24hrs.
Nausea, headache, feeling hot, dizziness, back pain; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vials (10mL, 15mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases