ENTEX LQ OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; per 5mL; liq; strawberry flavor; alcohol- and sugar-free.
Indications for ENTEX LQ:
Nasal, sinus and chest congestion. Cough.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2 to <6yrs: 1.25mL. 6 to <12yrs: 2.5mL. ≥12yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation