Generic Name and Formulations:
Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate (SBI) 5g, dextrose 5g, sunflower lecithin (trace amounts); pwd; per packet; lactose-, gluten-, dye-, and soy-free.
Entera Health, Inc.
Indications for ENTERAGAM:
Clinical dietary management in patients with: limited or impaired capacity to ingest, digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foodstuffs or certain nutrients, or specific intestinal disorders (eg, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea [IBS-D], inflammatory bowel disease [IBD], and HIV-associated enteropathy).
Dissolve packet contents in at least 4oz (120mL) of water or other liquids; stir until fully mixed (do not shake); or, may be mixed in foods (eg, pudding, yogurt); consume dose immediately after mixing. Initially 1 packet twice daily for 2–4 weeks; may increase up to 4 packets daily. Maintenance: at least 1 packet daily.
<2yrs: see full labeling. ≥2yrs: Initially ½ packet daily; may increase dose based on response and tolerance.
Must use under physician supervision. Pregnancy, labor & delivery, nursing mothers: see full labeling.
Mild nausea, constipation, stomach cramps, headache, increased urination.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders