Generic Name and Formulations:
Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate (SBI) 5g, dextrose 5g, sunflower lecithin (trace amounts); pwd; per packet; lactose-, gluten-, dye-, and soy-free.
Entera Health, Inc.
Indications for ENTERAGAM:
Clinical dietary management in patients with: limited or impaired capacity to ingest, digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foodstuffs or certain nutrients, or specific intestinal disorders (eg, irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea [IBS-D], inflammatory bowel disease [IBD], and HIV-associated enteropathy).
Dissolve packet contents in at least 4oz (120mL) of water or other liquids; stir until fully mixed (do not shake); or, may be mixed in foods (eg, pudding, yogurt); consume dose immediately after mixing. Initially 1 packet twice daily for 2–4 weeks; may increase up to 4 packets daily. Maintenance: at least 1 packet daily.
<2yrs: see full labeling. ≥2yrs: Initially ½ packet daily; may increase dose based on response and tolerance.
Must use under physician supervision. Pregnancy, labor & delivery, nursing mothers: see full labeling.
Mild nausea, constipation, stomach cramps, headache, increased urination.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth