ENSURE POWDER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (casein, soy), carbohydrate (corn syrup, maltodextrin, sucrose), fat (corn oil), vitamins, minerals; low residue; vanilla flavor; lactose- and gluten-free.
Indications for ENSURE POWDER:
Oral nutritional supplement (eg, nutritional deficiency, weight loss, recovering from illness or surgery, low residue diets). Occasional meal replacement. Between meal snack. Sole source feeding.
Adults and Children:
Provides 250Cal/8 oz. Pwd: add ½ cup of powder to ¾ cup of cold water for one 8oz serving. For seven 8 oz servings: add 1 can of powder to 5 ¼ cups cold water. Stir, whisk until dissolved. May use blender or mixer at lowest speed for 30 sec. Refrigerate mixed powder until served.
Medical nutritional supplement.
Ensure Ready to Use (cans, bottles)—8oz, 32oz; Pwd (cans)—14 oz; Pudding (cups)—4 oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders