Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; oral pwd.
Indications for ENDARI:
To reduce acute complications of sickle cell disease.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Mix each dose in 8oz (240mL) of cold or room temperature drink (eg, water, milk, apple juice) or 4–6oz of food (eg, applesauce, yogurt) prior to ingestion; complete dissolution not required. ≥5yrs (<30kg): 5g twice daily; (30–65kg): 10g twice daily; (>65kg): 15g twice daily.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Constipation, nausea, headache, abdominal pain, cough, pain in extremity, back pain, chest pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents