Generic Name and Formulations:
Rasburicase (recombinant) 1.5mg, 7.5mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for ELITEK:
Single course treatment for initial management of plasma uric acid levels in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumor malignancies who are receiving anti-cancer therapy expected to result in tumor lysis and subsequent elevation of plasma uric acid.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. 0.2mg/kg daily for 5 days. Dosing >5 days or more than one course of treatment: not recommended.
History of anaphylaxis, or development of hemolytic reactions or methemoglobinemia to rasburicase. G6PD deficiency.
Anaphylaxis. Hemolysis. Methemoglobinemia. Interference with uric acid measurements.
Discontinue permanently if serious hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis), hemolysis, or methemoglobinemia develops. Screen high risk patients (eg, African or Mediterranean ancestry) for G6PD deficiency prior to initiation. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Interferes with uric acid measurements in blood samples left at room temperature.
GI upset, pyrexia, peripheral edema, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, constipation, hypophosphatemia, hyperbilirubinemia, mucositis, sepsis; anaphylaxis, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia.
Single-use vials 1.5mg—3 (w. diluent); 7.5mg—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases