Econazole nitrate cream 1% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole nitrate cream 1%:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C; not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders