Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyaluronic acid 20mg/mL; viscoelastic gel for intra-articular inj.
Indications for DUROLANE:
Symptomatic treatment of mild-to-moderate knee or hip osteoarthritis.
Remove joint effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 3mL per knee or hip. Local anesthetic by SC inj or topical freezing agents may be used prior to inj. Use separate syringes for each joint.
Do not inject by intravascular or extra-articular route, or in the synovial tissues or capsule. Avoid infected or severely inflamed synovial joint, active skin disease or infection at or near inj site. Venous or lymphatic stasis in the leg. Pre-existing chondrocalcinosis. Hyaluronic acid sensitivity. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not studied.
Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Transient pain, swelling, joint stiffness; infection.
Single-use prefilled syringe (3mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Higher Incidence of Mania in Adults With Intellectual Disabilities vs General Population
- Youth With Gender Nonconformity Vulnerable to Adversity
- Negative Affect That Lingers Tied to Health 10 Years Later