Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
In order clarify the abuse potential of modafinil, investigators characterized its psychostimulant profile by using mice.
Researchers at ARIA Diagnostics in Indianapolis, IN conducted urine screens to test for opiates/opiods, gabapentin, pregabalin, and other substances.
In terms of depressive and negative symptoms, in the present meta-analysis, researchers estimate that 1 in 9 patients with schizophrenia will improve with add-on antidepressants.
Many believe that medications labelled "breakthrough" are supported by stronger evidence than the law requires for them to achieve that designation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses