Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
In order clarify the abuse potential of modafinil, investigators characterized its psychostimulant profile by using mice.
Researchers at ARIA Diagnostics in Indianapolis, IN conducted urine screens to test for opiates/opiods, gabapentin, pregabalin, and other substances.
In terms of depressive and negative symptoms, in the present meta-analysis, researchers estimate that 1 in 9 patients with schizophrenia will improve with add-on antidepressants.
Many believe that medications labelled "breakthrough" are supported by stronger evidence than the law requires for them to achieve that designation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression