Generic Name and Formulations:
Quazepam 15mg; scored tabs.
Cutis Health, LLC
Indications for DORAL:
Use lowest effective dose. ≥18yrs: Initially 7.5mg at bedtime; may increase to 15mg if needed.
<18yrs: not established.
Sleep apnea. Pulmonary insufficiency.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Monitor for CNS depressant effects and daytime impairment. Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses before initiation (eg, psychiatric or physical disorder). Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Depression. Avoid prolonged use. Drug or alcohol abuse. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Concomitant other sedative/hypnotics: not recommended. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants (eg, other benzodiazepines, TCAs, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, antihistamines); consider dose reductions.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, dyspepsia; CNS depression, abnormal thinking/behavior changes, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), paradoxical reactions, angioedema, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth