Generic Name and Formulations:
Avatrombopag 20mg; tabs.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for DOPTELET:
Thrombocytopenia in adults with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a procedure.
Start treatment 10–13 days prior to procedure; undergo procedure within 5–8 days after last dose. Take with food. Platelet count <40 x 109/L: 60mg once daily for 5 days; 40–<50 x 109/L: 40mg once daily for 5 days.
Obtain platelet count prior to treatment and on day of procedure. Increased thrombotic risk with known risk factors (eg, Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin 20210A, Antithrombin deficiency, Protein C or S deficiency). Do not use to normalize platelet counts. Pregnancy; may cause fetal harm. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for ≥2 weeks after last dose).
Thrombopoietin receptor agonist.
Pyrexia, abdominal pain, nausea, headache, fatigue, peripheral edema; thrombotic/thromboembolic complications.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study