Generic Name and Formulations:
Olsalazine sodium 250mg; caps.
Indications for DIPENTUM:
Maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis in patients intolerant of sulfasalazine.
500mg twice a day with meals.
Monitor urinalysis, BUN, creatinine levels. If diarrhea occurs, monitor serum electrolytes, dehydration status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased prothrombin time with warfarin.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, exacerbation of symptoms of colitis thought to be caused by mesalamine or sulfasalazine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation