DETROL LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tolterodine tartrate 2mg, 4mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for DETROL LA:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, or urge incontinence.
Swallow whole. 4mg once daily; may decrease to 2mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir), or severe renal or mild to moderate hepatic dysfunction: 2mg once daily. Severe hepatic impairment, CrCl<10mL/min: not recommended.
Urinary or gastric retention. Uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma. Fesoterodine fumarate allergy.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction (eg, pyloric stenosis). Decreased GI motility. Discontinue if angioedema occurs. Monitor for anticholinergic CNS effects (esp. when starting treatment and after dose increases). Narrow-angle glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis. History of QT prolongation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Plasma levels increased by CYP3A4 inhibitors (see Adult dose). Caution with Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics.
Dry mouth/eyes, headache, constipation, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, fatigue, dizziness, somnolence, sinusitis, abnormal vision, anxiety, dysuria, other anticholinergic effects; anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Hepatic (CYP2D6, 3A4).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
LA—30, 90, 500; Tabs—60, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents