DERMOTIC OIL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%; otic drops; contains peanut oil.
Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DERMOTIC OIL:
Chronic eczematous external otitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 5 drops in affected ear twice daily for 7–14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if no improvement within 2 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, superinfection.
Oil—20mL (dropper bottle)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition