Meditation techniques have an ever-growing evidence base to support their use and have become increasingly accepted in Western medicine as helpful adjuncts to other therapies.
FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
Abilify MyCite adds a digital sensor to the medication aripiprazole. The sensor, an ingestible event marker, is activated by contact with stomach acids and transmits a signal to a skin patch the patient wears, which then transmits to an app.
People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
Experts provide practical tips to aid in the often-challenging process of incorporating pharmacogenetic testing into clinical practice.
Rheuatology Advisor speaks with a psychologist about addressing mental health in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
Researchers examined whether more severe appetitive symptoms predicted a positive response to light therapy.
The GDS-15 uses short sentences and a yes/no format, which is easier for patients who are struggling with depression, fatigue, or cognitive impairment to tolerate.
A combination of factors may have been responsible for the association between parental depression and increased healthcare visits in their children, including shared genetic risks.
Results showed an increased risk of bleeding with SRIs by 1.16-2.36 times with an even higher 3.17- to 10.9-fold risk with concomitant NSAIDs.
Depression is common in patients with axSpA and is associated with more severe disease activity and functional impairment.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality