Risk factors for poor sleep in menopause include depression and vasomotor symptoms.
One reason selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors may affect the likelihood of osteoporosis is that the drug antagonizes the serotonin transporter, 5-HTT.
Flibanserin can be safely added to a stable SSRI or SNRI regimen to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
The independent association between anhedonia and suicidal ideation may improve detection of suicide risks and encourage new suicide depression strategies.
In patients with major depressive disorder, moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea is common.
Many factors may be associated with the development of postpartum depression such as gestational age, BMI, Apgar scores, mode of delivery, and exposure to anesthesia.
In patients diagnosed with sarcoma, poor QoL, depression, and anxiety are common.
Depressive Symptoms Decreased When Using Treatment Methods Increasing Resilience for Hidradenitis SuppurativaJanuary 03, 2018
In managing and treating HS, the methods that increase resilience may help decrease depressive symptoms.
Single-question self-assessment is not a sufficient marker of identifying depression in people with IBD.
Treatment with biologic agents in psoriasis may reduce risk for depressive symptoms.
Suicide in prisons is multifactorial, with contributing factors that include medical and mental health issues as well as those involving family, lack of purposeful activity, and conditions of the specific prison environment, as well as the stress of adjusting to incarceration.
Cognitive behavioral therapy combined with antidepressant medication modestly improves psychosocial outcomes.
Minocycline has a large antidepressant effect and good tolerability compared with placebo.
Smartphone and tracking devices can equip clinicians with a better understanding of mood states and behavior.
Depressive symptoms in patients with intellectual disabilities were decreased equally by 2 distinct interventions.
Frequent cannabis users experience more pain and negative affects than less- frequent users.
Family members of ALS patients have higher rates of neuropsychiatric conditions.
Patients with frequent migraines were shown to have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
Comorbid anxiety disorders among patients with depression or bipolar disorder were not associated with suicide attempts.
In women with PsA, there is a higher prevalence of ADHD and depression.
There is an increased risk for depression and persistent depression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
No prior randomized controlled trials have tested supplementing routine medication management with CBT in patients with drug-resistant depression.
Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms can be reduced by eye movement desensitization and reprocessing.
Researchers examined whether extremely low birth weight is associated with the presence of and response to traditional risk factors for anxiety and depression in adulthood.
In patients with comorbid depression and TBI, multi-Watt transcranial near-infrared light therapy is effective.
Postpartum depression and anxiety were reduced by daily intake of the probiotic HN001.
There is an increased risk of T2D in young adults who use SSRIs or SNRIs.
This review explored studies that investigated the efficacy and safety of maintenance rTMS following successful acute treatment with rTMS or ECT in treatment-resistant patients with unipolar or bipolar depression.
Depression severity has been found to be associated with the length of time it goes untreated.
Up to 30% of patients with HIV are resistant to standard interventions for depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed