Intranasal esketamine in combination with oral antidepressants demonstrated significant reduction of depressive symptoms and improved overall severity of depressive illness and health-related quality of life and functioning.
Bupropion had a greater effect on reducing impulsivity and attention symptoms than escitalopram.
Investigators analyzed the differences in hospitalization outcomes, comorbidities, and utilization of procedures in patients with PD vs patients with PD and MDD.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Suicidal thinking may influence affect in a reinforcing manner, partially explaining its persistent nature in subsets of patients.
Nightmares are frequently comorbid with other sleep and mental health disorders in US military personnel.
A peer-to-peer depression awareness program improves knowledge and attitudes about depression among high school students.
Risk factors for poor sleep in menopause include depression and vasomotor symptoms.
One reason selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors may affect the likelihood of osteoporosis is that the drug antagonizes the serotonin transporter, 5-HTT.
Flibanserin can be safely added to a stable SSRI or SNRI regimen to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
The independent association between anhedonia and suicidal ideation may improve detection of suicide risks and encourage new suicide depression strategies.
In patients with major depressive disorder, moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea is common.
Many factors may be associated with the development of postpartum depression such as gestational age, BMI, Apgar scores, mode of delivery, and exposure to anesthesia.
In patients diagnosed with sarcoma, poor QoL, depression, and anxiety are common.
Depressive Symptoms Decreased When Using Treatment Methods Increasing Resilience for Hidradenitis SuppurativaJanuary 03, 2018
In managing and treating HS, the methods that increase resilience may help decrease depressive symptoms.
Single-question self-assessment is not a sufficient marker of identifying depression in people with IBD.
Treatment with biologic agents in psoriasis may reduce risk for depressive symptoms.
Suicide in prisons is multifactorial, with contributing factors that include medical and mental health issues as well as those involving family, lack of purposeful activity, and conditions of the specific prison environment, as well as the stress of adjusting to incarceration.
Cognitive behavioral therapy combined with antidepressant medication modestly improves psychosocial outcomes.
Minocycline has a large antidepressant effect and good tolerability compared with placebo.
Smartphone and tracking devices can equip clinicians with a better understanding of mood states and behavior.
Depressive symptoms in patients with intellectual disabilities were decreased equally by 2 distinct interventions.
Frequent cannabis users experience more pain and negative affects than less- frequent users.
Family members of ALS patients have higher rates of neuropsychiatric conditions.
Patients with frequent migraines were shown to have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
Comorbid anxiety disorders among patients with depression or bipolar disorder were not associated with suicide attempts.
In women with PsA, there is a higher prevalence of ADHD and depression.
There is an increased risk for depression and persistent depression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
No prior randomized controlled trials have tested supplementing routine medication management with CBT in patients with drug-resistant depression.
Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms can be reduced by eye movement desensitization and reprocessing.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder