Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalbavancin 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DALVANCE:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. CrCl ≥30mL/min or on regular hemodialysis: administer 1500mg as single dose, or 1000mg followed by 500mg one week later. Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) and who are not receiving regularly scheduled hemodialysis: administer 1125mg as single dose, or 750mg followed by 375mg one week later.
History of glycopeptide allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity or skin reactions occur. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C). Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, pruritus; ALT elevations, infusion-related reactions (eg, Red-Man Syndrome), C. difficile-associated diarrhea (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation