Generic Name and Formulations:
Decitabine 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for DACOGEN:
Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS of all French-American-British subtypes and Intermediate-1, Intermediate-2, and High-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
May premedicate with antiemetics. Treat for a minimum of 4 cycles; may take longer for a complete or partial response. Regimen 1: Give by continuous IV infusion over 3 hours. 15mg/m2 every 8 hours for 3 days; repeat every 6 weeks. Regimen 2: Give by continuous IV infusion over 1 hour. 20mg/m2 once daily for 5 days; repeat every 4 weeks. Both: dose adjustment based on hematology values: see literature. Non-hematologic toxicities (eg, serum creatinine ≥2mg/dL; SGPT, total bilirubin ≥ 2 X ULN; active or uncontrolled infection): do not restart until toxicity resolved.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBC and platelet counts before each dosing cycle and as needed. Monitor hepatic function (do baseline liver chemistries and serum creatinine). Pregnancy (Cat.D); use appropriate contraception (both men and women). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, fatigue, pyrexia, nausea, cough, petechiae, constipation, diarrhea, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation