Generic Name and Formulations:
Cysteamine 0.44%; ophthalmic soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CYSTARAN:
Treatment of corneal cystine cystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.
Adults and Children:
Instill one drop in each eye every waking hour. Discard after 1 week of use.
Remove contact lenses prior to application; may reinsert after 15 mins. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Light sensitivity, redness, eye pain/irritation, headache, visual field defects; possible benign intracranial hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth