Fluticasone Propionate Cream Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 0.05%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Fluticasone Propionate Cream:
Adults and Children:
<3mos: not established. ≥3mos: apply a thin film to affected areas twice daily; atopic dermatitis: 1–2 times daily. Discontinue when control is achieved (max 4 weeks in children). Do not occlude.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Avoid tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Lotion: avoid excessive sun exposure. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, irritation, folliculitis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, secondary infections, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, erythema, dry skin, excoriation; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Formerly known under the brand name Cutivate.
Crm, oint—contact supplier; Lotion—120mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation