COLY-MYCIN S OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Colistin (as sulfate) 3mg, neomycin (as sulfate) 3.3mg, hydrocortisone acetate 10mg, thonzonium bromide 0.5mg; per mL; otic susp; contains thimerosal.
Indications for COLY-MYCIN S OTIC:
Susceptible infections of the external auditory canal, mastoidectomy, fenestration cavities.
Clean and dry ear. 5 drops (using calibrated dropper), or 4 drops (using dropper bottle) in ear(s) 3 or 4 times daily; max 10 days. May substitute saturated cotton wick moistened every 4 hours; replace at least every 24 hrs.
Clean and dry ear. 4 drops (using calibrated dropper), or 3 drops (using dropper bottle) in ear(s) 3 or 4 times daily; max 10 days. May substitute saturated cotton wick moistened every 4 hours; replace at least every 24 hrs.
Viral infections of the ear (e.g., herpes simplex, vaccinia, varicella).
Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Discontinue if local irritation or sensitization occurs.
Antibiotics + steroid + surfactant.
Susp—5mL (w. dropper)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders