Relationship Between Neuroanatomic Abnormalities and Behavioral, Cognitive Impairment in Individuals At Risk for ASDJanuary 18, 2018
In groups that are at high risk for autism spectrum disorder, neuroanatomic abnormalities are common.
In the presence of stress, postmenopausal estradiol therapy may protect against certain types of cognition.
The use of nursing homes is increasing for those who are cognitively impaired.
Cognitive deficits are linked with a higher risk for the development of parkinsonism in dementia free patients.
An effective and reliable screening tool is needed for cognitive impairment in SLE patients.
Patients with major depressive episodes who also have hypovitaminosis D are more prone to cognitive impairment.
A set of biomarkers is associated with cognition in male professional fighters.
In many nursing homes, individuals with dementia have potentially inappropriate medication use.
Subtle brain changes may explain why some patients with multiple sclerosis lose their ability to interpret social cues.
Anxiety and severe cognitive fatigue may contribute to problems with visual learning in patients with MS.
Serum IL-6 levels may serve as biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease.
Cognition and memory loss do not demonstrate adverse effects with evolocumab and statin therapy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
A study of Romanian adoptees demonstrates that early childhood mistreatment can have a lasting psychological effect into adulthood.
A recent study found no evidence linking the presence of HCV infection with neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Cognitively normal elderly individuals who engage in specific mentally stimulating activities have a decreased risk of mild cognitive impairment.
Patients with pain and depression are more likely to have cognitive impairment.
Cognitive co-activation is associated with a significantly smaller levodopa effect on resting tremor in Parkinson's disease.
Long-term weight-loss intervention had no cognitive benefit in overweight, obese adults with diabetes.
A patient does not have to be verbal to benefit from art therapy.
Normal cognitive function is associated with a more stable weight trajectory in older women.
Cerebral microbleeds connected to cognitive impairment and stroke may be tied to Streptococcus mutans.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognitive impairment.
The Effect of Cognitive Remediation Training on Functional Connectivity and Social Cognition in SchizophreniaOctober 13, 2016
Study provides further evidence for the effects of cognitive enhancement intervention on brain functional connectivity and cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
Regular late-life volunteering is independently tied to decreased risk of cognitive impairment.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognition.
Individuals suffering from depression, as well as persons diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy, present with dysfunction across several cognitive domains.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
Serum ghrelin levels may serve as a biomarker of executive function in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- "MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders "
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Depressive Symptoms Predict Future Pain, Disability in Adolescent JIA
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D