Clotrimazole Troches Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Clotrimazole Troches:
Prophylaxis and treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not recommended. ≥3yrs: Dissolve slowly in mouth. Treatment: 1 troche 5 times daily for 14 consecutive days. Prophylaxis: 1 troche 3 times daily.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Diagnosis should be confirmed by KOH smear and/or culture. Monitor hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Elevated SGOT levels, nausea, vomiting.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycelex Troches.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad