Clotrimazole Troches Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Clotrimazole Troches:
Prophylaxis and treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not recommended. ≥3yrs: Dissolve slowly in mouth. Treatment: 1 troche 5 times daily for 14 consecutive days. Prophylaxis: 1 troche 3 times daily.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Diagnosis should be confirmed by KOH smear and/or culture. Monitor hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Elevated SGOT levels, nausea, vomiting.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycelex Troches.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users