Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain sodium hydroxide; reagent tabs (copper reduction).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for CLINITEST:
Detection of urine reducing sugars.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. Use 2 drop test for up to 5% sugar and 5 drop test for up to 2% sugar.
Not for ingestion.
Poisonous. Causes severe burns. Do not use if tabs darken.
False (+) with penicillins, salicylates, ascorbic acid, nalidixic acid, cephalosporins, probenecid, lactose, fructose, galactose, pentoses.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth