Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylcellulose 2g per 19g; pwd; orange flavor.
Indications for CITRUCEL:
Constipation, adjunct in diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome.
1 heaping tablespoonful (19g) in 8oz cold water or juice 1–3 times daily.
<6 yrs: not recommended. ≥6 yrs: ½ adult dose 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Narrowed intestinal lumen. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs.
Reduced absorption of salicylates, digitalis, oral anticoagulants, nitrofurantoins, others.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—16oz, 24oz, 30oz; Packets (single-dose)—20; Sugar-free pwd—8.6oz, 16.9oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents