CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; cherry flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 71mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CHILDREN'S NYQUIL COLD & COUGH:
Cough, sneezing, rhinorrhea.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 15mL. ≥12yrs: 30mL. All: repeat every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad