American Psychiatric Association data reveal that between 3% and 7% of U.S. school age children have some form of ADHD. Read more about the disorder and recommended treatments in this slideshow.
Latest in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
Investigators believe this is the most comprehensive analysis of epigenetic alterations due to victimization stress in a pediatric population.
White matter brain architecture of crossing fibers in frontotemporal connections was shown to be more expressed in participants with better cognitive performance and less expressed in participants with more severe general psychopathology.
Children show higher IQ scores and less sleep problems with the more fish that they consume.
Researchers identified 5 nonmedical themes that affect the decision to conduct predictive genetic testing for psychiatric conditions.
The use of atypical antipsychotics can be reduced with the implementation of a peer review prior authorization policy.
In children with congenital hypothyroidism behavioral problems can be mitigated through appropriate levels of treatment during infancy.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation to Valbenazine.
Adolescents don't realize that Adderall is an amphetamine.
Greater opportunities for risk and challenge were associated with fewer reports of bullying to adults.
Treatment with CBT and amitriptyline led to greater improvements in youth with chronic migraine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Amisulpride May Be Most Effective Antipsychotic for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia
- Frustrations With Prior Authorization: A Thorn in the Side of Clinicians
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Patterns of Healthcare Use Before Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorders in Young Adults