Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
In pediatric patients with bipolar I depression, long-term treatment with lurasidone 20 mg/day is effective in reducing depressive symptoms.
If replicated, the novel findings in this study may have important implications for assessing sluggish cognitive tempo in ADHD.
Investigators sought to determine early warning signs in elementary school children to predict the development of MDD.
Investigators sought to determine the risk for developing secondary ADHD 5 to 10 years after traumatic brain injury in children and adolescents.
Adolescents with anxiety, mood, neurodevelopmental, sleep, and nonopioid substance use disorders and most mental health treatments were significantly more likely to receive opioids.
Study participants received either management as usual or multisystemic therapy for moderate-to-severe antisocial behavior.
Multiple treatment failure in children with first-episode psychosis was more common among patients with comorbid autism spectrum disorders.
Obsessive compulsive disorder was shown to be associated with reduced academic achievement.
Cerebral morphometric alterations can differentiate between children with ADHD and controls.
There are distinct treatment trajectories which have different health outcomes for depressed youth.
Non medical use of prescription drugs is linked with dating violence victimization among high school students.
Depersonalizing may help a lot of struggling parents understand the severity of an eating disorder.
Research has shown psychotic experiences to be associated with subsequent suicidal thoughts and behaviors, particularly in children younger than 12.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- "MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders "
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Depressive Symptoms Predict Future Pain, Disability in Adolescent JIA
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D