Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
The complexities and ambiguities associated with reporting suspected cases of child abuse can contribute to confusion and the potential for harm.
In pediatric patients with bipolar I depression, long-term treatment with lurasidone 20 mg/day is effective in reducing depressive symptoms.
If replicated, the novel findings in this study may have important implications for assessing sluggish cognitive tempo in ADHD.
Investigators sought to determine early warning signs in elementary school children to predict the development of MDD.
Investigators sought to determine the risk for developing secondary ADHD 5 to 10 years after traumatic brain injury in children and adolescents.
Adolescents with anxiety, mood, neurodevelopmental, sleep, and nonopioid substance use disorders and most mental health treatments were significantly more likely to receive opioids.
Study participants received either management as usual or multisystemic therapy for moderate-to-severe antisocial behavior.
Multiple treatment failure in children with first-episode psychosis was more common among patients with comorbid autism spectrum disorders.
Obsessive compulsive disorder was shown to be associated with reduced academic achievement.
Cerebral morphometric alterations can differentiate between children with ADHD and controls.
There are distinct treatment trajectories which have different health outcomes for depressed youth.
Non medical use of prescription drugs is linked with dating violence victimization among high school students.
Depersonalizing may help a lot of struggling parents understand the severity of an eating disorder.
Research has shown psychotic experiences to be associated with subsequent suicidal thoughts and behaviors, particularly in children younger than 12.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double