Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
In pediatric patients with bipolar I depression, long-term treatment with lurasidone 20 mg/day is effective in reducing depressive symptoms.
If replicated, the novel findings in this study may have important implications for assessing sluggish cognitive tempo in ADHD.
Investigators sought to determine early warning signs in elementary school children to predict the development of MDD.
Investigators sought to determine the risk for developing secondary ADHD 5 to 10 years after traumatic brain injury in children and adolescents.
Adolescents with anxiety, mood, neurodevelopmental, sleep, and nonopioid substance use disorders and most mental health treatments were significantly more likely to receive opioids.
Study participants received either management as usual or multisystemic therapy for moderate-to-severe antisocial behavior.
Multiple treatment failure in children with first-episode psychosis was more common among patients with comorbid autism spectrum disorders.
Obsessive compulsive disorder was shown to be associated with reduced academic achievement.
Cerebral morphometric alterations can differentiate between children with ADHD and controls.
There are distinct treatment trajectories which have different health outcomes for depressed youth.
Non medical use of prescription drugs is linked with dating violence victimization among high school students.
Depersonalizing may help a lot of struggling parents understand the severity of an eating disorder.
Research has shown psychotic experiences to be associated with subsequent suicidal thoughts and behaviors, particularly in children younger than 12.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know